Pope Junior Greyhound Boys Select Tryouts
**Please read all information carefully**
PARENT MEETING SLIDES
Who: 6th, 7th & 8th graders
Tryout Registration Dates: 10/14 – 10/28 @ 11:59pm
Click here to register for Tryouts
Cost: $525 – if player makes the team, an invitation will be sent to complete registration & payment
Tryouts are closed to spectators
Information about Select Lacrosse:
- Select teams have been created to allow players to compete in a league comprised of similar teams around the Atlanta area. Players practice and train with players similar in abilities and motivation and compete amongst the same.
- We typically field 2 Select teams, dependent on the number of boys who tryout. 8th graders are eligible for Sr Select only and Sr Select will be comprised of mostly 8th graders. 7th graders can choose to try out for Jr Select only OR be considered for Jr or Sr. If trying out for both, the player must indicate this during registration. Playing time is not guaranteed.
- When registering for tryouts, please indicate the position(s) your player is trying out for.
- A player must live in the Pope High School district, or have an attendance exception such as a parent who teaches in district, in order to try out for this team unless their feeder program does not have a Select team. Please contact me if your son is out of district before registering.
- Conditioning will begin in late November or early December and games will be played during the Spring 2022 lacrosse season. Days, times and location are still to be determined.
- Attached you will find the skills that evaluators will be looking for during tryouts. A copy of the evaluation skills can also be found here: Please have your son review these beforehand and be prepared to demonstrate their abilities. Boys Select Skill List
- PLEASE NOTE: If your son tries out and makes the Select lacrosse team, then the Select lacrosse team (both practices and games) must be his primary spring sport/activity. We understand that there will be some overlap between the end of the winter sports/activities season and the beginning of the spring Select lacrosse season. However, once the winter sports season ends, Select lacrosse practices and games must take priority over other sports and activities. The league will sometimes schedule games for the first Saturday or the last Sunday of schools breaks so plan accordingly. Please ensure that your son is able to commit to the Select season.
- We have secured a great discount for our program and the helmet cost will be approximately $175 - $200 depending on the number of helmets ordered. The helmet cost is in addition to the team cost. We usually get the helmets in time to be a holiday gift.
- Uniform Sizing: We will be using Under Armour for our uniforms again this year. The sizing for their custom uniform line is slightly different (smaller) than the shorts and shirts we have for the rec player packs in the fall. Items will be available at each tryout for parents to determine appropriate sizing. If your player were to get the wrong size, we cannot swap because these are custom items. To avoid players having to try on items, please bring shorts/shirts that best fit your son to compare to the items we will have at the tryouts.
Registration: Please follow the steps below to register.
To register for the Select Tryouts, please login at Pope Jr Greyhound Login
Click either the "Register Now" button at the top of the site or the "Programs Available" button that appears next to your player's name
Click the "Select" button for the program named “2022 Spring Boys Select”
Click "Continue" and complete the registration form. NOTE: You will be required to enter a valid US Lacrosse #
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]