We welcome all 2nd through 8th grade boys and girls to register for a rec team this Fall 2019 season!
Registration Fee: $250
Registration Dates: 7/1/2019 - 8/1/2019
Late Registration Dates: 8/2/2019 - 8/10/2019 (for those divisions not full; added $25 fee and not guaranteed a player pack)
Before registering, please review the Registration Details so you can ensure you have all the needed information to avoid registration delays and fees.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes a shooter shirt, shorts and a personalized Fall 2019 bag tag. The shooter shirt is worn under your pads during games and you'll wear the shorts during games as well. Your child will need a boy's lacrosse stick (pocket is deep to hold the ball more securely), helmet, colored mouth guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, cleats (soccer are fine), a water bottle, and a protective athletic supporter (cup). Rib pads are a personal preference, but not necessary at this level. Equipment is available to rent from Lax4Community. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as he'll need it to practice at home.
A $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at the first practice so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team jersey. The check will be returned to you when we receive both items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes tank top, shorts, hair bands, a mouth guard case, and a personalized Fall 2019 bag tag. Your child will need protective eye googles and/or a helmet, a girl's lacrosse stick (pocket is very shallow compared to a boy's stick), cleats (soccer are fine), a water bottle, and a colored mouth guard. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as she will need it to practice at home.
An $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at the first practice so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team uniform. The team uniform will arrive with player packs though. The check will be returned to you when we receive the items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Practice Schedule: Practices may begin as early as August 3 and end November 1. Each division practices 2-3 times per week until the first game at which point there will be 2 practices per week. Your coach will be in touch with the exact date of your first practice. The practice schedule is posted here.
Game Schedule: Games will begin September 7 and end November 3. Each division will be drafted into individual teams, each with their own game schedule. There will be 8-10 regular season games which are held each weekend. Games may be on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Parent Meeting: This meeting is for all parents and will be held at Hightower Trail Middle School auditorium at 7pm on Friday, August 2.
- Exclusive Shop Weekend at Dick's Sporting Goods: The event provides players 20% off all in-store purchases from July 26-28, 2019. If the item is not in stock, the store can order it online and apply the discount. Information will be sent to all registered players right before the event.
- New and Inexperienced Player Orientation: All those new to lacrosse or who haven't played in awhile are invited to the New and Inexperienced Player Orientation on Saturday, August 3 at 9-10am at Tritt Elementary
- Picture Day (Spring Season Only): Picture Day is TBD at Tritt Elementary. Details will be provided to your Coach.
- Tritt Elementary Work Day: July 25 4-7pm for U9 Boys, U9 Girls, U11 Boys, and U11 Girls (more details)
- Hightower Trail Middle Work Day: July 28 2-4pm for U13 Boys, U13 Girls, U15 Boys, and U15 Girls (more details)
Weather Conditions: The website will automatically generate an email or text (provided you have signed up to receive them during the registration process) any time a practice/game is canceled due to field conditions/weather. If the field is closed do not use any part of the field. Field Status information is on the website.
Spirit Wear: Spirit wear items can be purchased between 7/22/2019 - 8/5/2019 on the Spirit Wear page. On that page, you can also order previous season bag tags for your player to ensure he/she has one for every season he/she has played.
Contacts: Reach us at [email protected]
PJGL Board of Directors: Election of Board Members are held in May, although volunteer opportunities always exist. If you are interested in becoming a board member please email [email protected] There are no paid board member positions.