Thanks for volunteering to be a Game Day volunteer this season. Here are specifics for your duties:
Set Up Field (only home games when you're the first game on that field) 2 per game:
- Arrive when the players are supposed to arrive. Ask a coach to unlock the goals and the shed.
- Put 2 goals in the designated goal circles on the field.
- Set up the table with 2 chairs on the players' side of the field (on the platform at HTMS).
- Set up the scoreboard and use the remote to turn it on.
- If the sun is out, please set up a tent for the players and/or the score table.
- Put an orange pylon at each corner of the field. If the game is at HTMS, put 1 pylon on each side of the scoring table to mark the substitution box for each team.
- Unlock Port a Potty. The key is located in a fake sprinkler head behind the back right corner of the unit. Unlock and then replace the key in the hiding spot. (The unit is located behind the school past the covered portico on the left side of the school at Tritt).
Scorekeeper (only home games) 1 per game:
- Sit at the table on the players’ side of the field and mark changes in the score and period. A copy of the NEWTOWN LACROSSE RULES will be taped on the table for reference.
- Please work with the Time Keeper to help him/her remember when to stop/start the clock.
Tip: Wait until the referee blows the whistle and does the “goal” hand motion before adjusting the score. Sometimes there is a foul or other issue and what appears to be a goal will not count.
Timekeeper (only home games) 1 per game:
- Sit at the table on the players’ side of the field and run the clock. You'll also be responsible for keeping track of penalty times for the older divisions. A copy of the NEWTOWN LACROSSE RULES is taped on the table for reference. Feel free to review with referee prior to the game.
- Please work with the Score Keeper to help him/her to remember to adjust the score.
Stat Recorder (all games) 1 per game or season:
- Fill out the coach's stat sheet and return sheet to coach at the end of the game. Feel free to use this stat sheet template: boys, girls if your coach doesn't have one he/she wants to use.
Take Down Field (only home games when you're the last game on that field) 2 per game:
- After the game, turn off the scoreboard.
- Lock the goals back up and put the scoreboard/table/2 chairs/tents/4 pylons back in the shed and lock it up.
- Lock the porta potty. The key is located in a fake sprinkler head behind the back right corner of the unit. Lock and then replace the key in the hiding spot. (The unit is located behind the school past the covered portico on the left side of the school at Tritt).
If you have any questions, please email your Team Parent.