We welcome all Kindergarten and 1st grade boys and girls to register for the K/1 program for the Spring 2019 season!
Registration Fee: $50
Registration Dates: 12/3/2018 - 3/1/2019 (player pack only guaranteed if registering before 1/18/2019)
Signup Details: Please have your player's health insurance information, birth certificate, and graduation year ready prior to starting the tryout signup process. You can calculate your player's graduation year by going to: https://graduationyearcalculator.com/.
Login or register for an account. Add a participant if your player is not in the system. For each participant, it will show you how many programs are available. If your player was already in the system prior and when you select the "Program Available" button, you will first be taken to your Edit Participant screen because you will need to upload a picture of your player's birth certificate so we can age verify. This upload is a one time event for each participant and once the upload has happened, you'll follow instructions to continue the tryout registration process.
US Lacrosse Membership: A valid US Lacrosse membership number is required to complete registration. The yearly cost of a youth membership for your player is $30. To purchase a membership or to confirm that it will not expire before the season is over, please visit www.uslacrosse.org. See US Lacrosse Verification Troubleshooting for any problems.
Discounts / Additional Fees:
- Please note players registering after 1/17/2019 must still pay full price and are not guaranteed a player pack.
All payments must be received in full before registration deadline; otherwise, your player will be waitlisted.
- PayPal ([email protected]) - select that you are paying by Check during registration
- Check (made payable to Pope Junior Greyhound Lacrosse, Inc.) - select that you are paying by Check during registration and mailing address will be provided in confirmation.
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) - done through registration system
- Request for scholarship - contact [email protected] if you are in need of this option
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which contains a t-shirt for each child. Your child will need a lacrosse stick, helmet, colored mouth guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, and a protective athletic supporter (cup). Rib pads are a personal preference, but not necessary at this level. Equipment is available to rent from AJO4LAX. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as he'll need it to practice at home.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which contains a t-shirt for each child. Your child will need protective eye googles and/or a helmet, a girls lacrosse stick, a water bottle, and a colored mouth guard. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as she will need it to practice at home.
Practice Schedule: Practice are 1 time per week on Sunday afternoons. There will be a total of 6 practices (dates 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 4/14, 4/28). Practice times and locations will be posted when available.
Game Schedule: There are no games for this division.
- New Parent Meeting: This meeting will be held at the beginning of the first practice.
- Exclusive Shop Weekend at Dick's Sporting Goods: The event provides players 20% off all in-store purchases from Jan 19-21, 2019. If the item is not in stock, the store can order it online and apply the discount. Information will be sent to all registered players right before the event.
- Picture Day (Spring Season Only): Picture Day is Sun, March 10th at Tritt Elementary. Details will be provided to your Coach.
Weather Conditions: The website will automatically generate an email or text (provided you have signed up to receive them during the registration process) any time a practice/game is canceled due to field conditions/weather. If the field is closed do not use any part of the field. Field Status information is on the website.
Spirit Wear: Spirit wear items will be available for purchase at the beginning of the season.
Contacts: Reach us at [email protected]
Refunds: Both partial and full refunds will be charged a 3% processing fee. Full refunds are no longer provided after player packs have been ordered. Full refunds, less the 3% processing fee, will be provided to those players who have not been age verified prior to the normal registration deadline.
PJGL Board of Directors: Election of Board Members are held in May, although volunteer opportunities always exist. If you are interested in becoming a board member please email [email protected] There are no paid board member positions.