We welcome all 2nd through 8th grade boys and girls to register for a rec team this Spring 2019 season!
Registration Fee: $290
Registration Dates: 12/3/2018 - 1/17/2019
Late Registration Dates: 1/18/2019 - 2/1/2019
Registration Details: Please have your player's health insurance information, birth certificate, and graduation year ready prior to starting the tryout signup process. You can calculate your player's graduation year by going to: https://graduationyearcalculator.com/.
The registration system currently registers based on age using Sept 1st as the age cutoff date. For those players whose age and grade do not match due to skipping a grade or delaying a year, the registration system will require you to register in the division that is age appropriate. Once you’ve completed registration, please email [email protected] prior to the deadline if you would prefer your child be moved to the appropriate division based on the player's grade.
Login or register for an account. Add a participant if your player is not in the system. For each participant, it will show you how many programs are available. If your player was already in the system prior and when you select the "Program Available" button, you will first be taken to your Edit Participant screen because you will need to upload a picture of your player's birth certificate so we can age verify. This upload is a one time event for each participant and once the upload has happened, you'll follow instructions to continue the registration process.
US Lacrosse Membership: A valid US Lacrosse membership number is required to complete registration. The yearly cost of a youth membership for your player is $30. To purchase a membership or to confirm that it will not expire before the season is over, please visit www.uslacrosse.org. See US Lacrosse Verification Troubleshooting for any problems.
Discounts / Additional Fees:
- Sibling Discount of $20.00 per sibling applies after first player is registered.
- Late Fee of $25.00 will be applied to the full registration fee for anyone registering or paying during late registration (dates 1/18 - 2/1). Please note these late registrants are not guaranteed a player pack.
All payments must be received in full before registration deadline; otherwise, your player will be waitlisted.
- PayPal ([email protected]) - select that you are paying by Check during registration
- Check (made payable to Pope Junior Greyhound Lacrosse, Inc.) - select that you are paying by Check during registration and mailing address will be provided in confirmation.
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) - done through registration system
- Request for scholarship - contact [email protected] if you are in need of this option
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes a shooter shirt, shorts, and other TBD items for each child. Your child will need a lacrosse stick, helmet, colored mouth guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, and a protective athletic supporter (cup). Rib pads are a personal preference, but not necessary at U9 or U11 lacrosse. Equipment is available to rent from AJO4LAX. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as he'll need it to practice at home.
A $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at the first practice so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team jersey. The check will be returned to you when we receive both items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes TBD items for each child. Your child will need protective eye googles and/or a helmet, a girls lacrosse stick, a water bottle, and a colored mouth guard. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as she will need it to practice at home.
An $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at team uniform pickup (date TBD) so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team uniform. The check will be returned to you when we receive the items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Practice Schedule: Practices will begin the week of January 26 and end in mid May. Each division practices 2-3 times per week until the first game at which point there will be 2 practices per week. Your coach will be in touch with the exact date of your first practice. The practice schedule is posted here.
Game Schedule: Games will begin March 2 and end in mid May. Each division will be drafted into individual teams, each with their own game schedule. There will be 8-10 regular season games which are held each weekend. Games may be on Saturdays and/or Sundays. During the Spring season, U11, U13 and U15 players will end the season with a tournament.
- New Parent Meeting: This meeting is for those new to the program and will be held at Hightower Trail Middle School auditorium at 7pm on Friday, January 18.
- Exclusive Shop Weekend at Dick's Sporting Goods: The event provides players 20% off all in-store purchases from Jan 19-21, 2019. If the item is not in stock, the store can order it online and apply the discount. Information will be sent to all registered players right before the event.
- New and Inexperienced Player Orientation: All those new to lacrosse or who haven't played in awhile are invited to the New and Inexperienced Player Orientation on Saturday, January 19 at 10:30am at Tritt Elementary
- Picture Day (Spring Season Only): Picture Day is Sun, March 10 at Tritt Elementary. Details will be provided to your Coach.
Weather Conditions: The website will automatically generate an email or text (provided you have signed up to receive them during the registration process) any time a practice/game is canceled due to field conditions/weather. If the field is closed do not use any part of the field. Field Status information is on the website.
Spirit Wear: Spirit wear items will be available for purchase at the beginning of the season.
Contacts: Reach us at [email protected]
Refunds: Both partial and full refunds will be charged a 3% processing fee. Full refunds are no longer provided after player packs have been ordered. Full refunds, less the 3% processing fee, will be provided to those players who have not been age verified prior to the normal registration deadline.
PJGL Board of Directors: Election of Board Members are held in May, although volunteer opportunities always exist. If you are interested in becoming a board member please email [email protected] There are no paid board member positions.