We welcome all 2nd through 8th grade boys and girls to register for a rec team this Spring 2020 season!
Registration Fee: $290
Registration Dates: 12/14/2019 - 1/10/2020
Late Registration Dates: 1/11/2020 - 1/16/2020
Before registering, please review the Registration Details so you can ensure you have all the needed information to avoid registration delays and fees.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes a long sleeve Under Armour shooter shirt, short sleeve Under Amour shirt, Under Armour shorts and a personalized Spring 2020 bag tag. The shooter shirt is worn under your pads during games and you'll wear the shorts during games as well. Your child will need a boy'slacrosse stick (pocket is deep to hold the ball more securely), helmet, colored mouth guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, cleats (soccer are fine), a water bottle, and a protective athletic supporter (cup). Rib pads are a personal preference, but not necessary at this level. Equipment is available to rent from Lax4Community. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as he'll need it to practice at home.
A $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at the first practice so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team jersey. The check will be returned to you when we receive both items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Included in the registration fee is a player pack which includes a long sleeve Sport-Tek shirt, Under Armour Challenger II Pants, and a personalized Spring 2020 bag tag. Your child will need protective eye googles and/or a helmet, a girl's lacrosse stick(pocket is very shallow compared to a boy's stick), cleats (soccer are fine), a water bottle, and a colored mouth guard. Be sure to also purchase a lacrosse ball for your player as she will need it to practice at home.
An $100 deposit check (made payable to Jr Greyhound Lacrosse) will be required at the first practice so that your child may receive a practice pinnie and a team uniform. The team uniform will arrive with player packs though. The check will be returned to you when we receive the items back at the end of the season, assuming they are in good condition.
Practice Schedule: Practices may begin as early as January 20 and end in May. Each division practices 2-3 times per week until the first game at which point there will be 2 practices per week. Your coach will be in touch with the exact date of your first practice. The practice schedule is posted here.
Game Schedule: Games will begin February 29 and end in May. Each division will be drafted into individual teams, each with their own game schedule. There will be 8-10 regular season games which are held each weekend. Games may be on Saturdays and/or Sundays. During the Spring season, U11, U13 and U15 players will end the season with a tournament.
- Girls UGA Lacrosse Clinic: January 12th 12 - 3pm at Pope High School and is $47/player. Click Registration above to register.
- Parent Meeting: This meeting is for all parents and will be held at Hightower Trail Middle School in the 8th Grade Commons at 7pm on Friday, January 17.
- Exclusive Shop Weekend at Dick's Sporting Goods: The event provides players 20% off all in-store purchases from Jan 18-20, 2020. If the item is not in stock, the store can order it online and apply the discount. Information will be sent to all registered players right before the event.
- New and Inexperienced Player Orientation: All those new to lacrosse or who haven't played in awhile are invited to the New and Inexperienced Player Orientation on Saturday, January 18 from 9:30-10:30am at Tritt Elementary - Player Pack Sizing Day: Come to Tritt Elementary between 9am and 12pm on Saturday, January 18 to tryout player pack sizes and makes any last minute sizing changes.
- Boys U11-U15 Kick-Start the Season Camp - This camp is open to all registered U11, U13 and U15 Boys and will be held at HTMS fields. This camp is free and is included in your registration. The camp will be held as follows: Sat, Jan 18 4-6pm; Sun, Jan 19 4-6pm; Mon, Jan 20 4:45-6pm; Wed, Jan 22 4:45-6pm, and Thurs, Jan 23 4:45-6pm.
- Spirit Day: Friday, Feb 28 - wear your Pope Junior Greyhound Lacrosse clothes to school
- Picture Day (Spring Season Only): Picture Day is Sun, March 8 at Tritt Elementary. Details will be provided to your Coach.
Weather Conditions: The website will automatically generate an email or text (provided you have signed up to receive them during the registration process) any time a practice/game is canceled due to field conditions/weather. If the field is closed do not use any part of the field. Field Status information is on the website.
Spirit Wear: Spirit wear items can be purchased between 1/17 - 1/26 and 3/2 - 3/8 on the Spirit Wear page. On that page, you can also order previous season bag tags for your player to ensure he/she has one for every season he/she has played.
Contacts: Reach us at [email protected]
PJGL Board of Directors: Election of Board Members are held in May, although volunteer opportunities always exist. If you are interested in becoming a board member please email [email protected] There are no paid board member positions.